If you’re studying Daniel with us this year, or if you’re just looking for some great resources to help you teach and reinforce Daniel’s story, here’s a good mix. If you have something else you love, please tell me in the comments!
Amazon links are affiliate links.
Did you know that there’s an audio feature on BibleGateway.com? You can listen–for free–to any book of the Bible in your car or wherever. What a great way to make the most of all that time you and your kids spend in the car!
The Bible Project, Daniel (TheBibleProject.com)
There’s a very user-friendly, kid-friendly study page. And don’t miss the great 9-minute video. It’s captivating!
Right Now Media
If you have access to RightNowMedia.org through your church, there are some great video resources there.
For adults and older kids, there are 10+ choices. Here are the ones I recommend, based on first-hand knowledge of the teachers, and emphasis on Daniel’s life, not prophecy:
- The Making of a Godly Man by Ravi Zacharias
- Precepts for Life: Daniel Part 1 and 2 by Kay Arthur (this is the whole book, so it includes prophecy but has everything on Daniel’s life)
For younger kids (Be aware that because these are animated stories, they have content that is not in the biblical account. The ones I’m recommending do so responsibly. Use it as an opportunity to talk about what was “extra”. Good discernment practice!):
- Top Choice Animated Stories Bible: Daniel (the caption says The Story of Daniel)–straightforward, 30 minutes
- 60 Second Bible Stories (scroll down to Episode 9, which is about the lion’s den)–straightforward, very short, and you get to listen to English accents
- Storyteller Cafe: The Lion’s Den–There’s a Toy Story’ish framework that will appeal to a lot of kids. At 13:00 is where the story of Daniel starts, with emphasis on the lion’s den. Bonus: There’s a Spanish version. (Note: I didn’t like the explanation of why Daniel didn’t eat the king’s food, but not a deal-breaker.)
- Cherub WIngs #5: Heaven’s Troopers–25 minutes. This video barely mentions Daniel, and as an example (at 7:15) of someone young that God used to do His will. The main characters of the video are child angels, which I don’t love theologically. So why is this one on the list? It has some very positive messages about the Bible itself; it incorporates song; and there’s a Spanish version.
On Amazon.com (some of these include prophecy, but have plenty on the person and life of Daniel):
- You’re a Brave Man, Daniel!: Daniel 1-6 (Discover 4 Yourself Inductive Bible Studies for Kids)
- Fast-Forward to the Future: Daniel 7-12 (Discover 4 Yourself Inductive Bible Studies for Kids)
- Story of Daniel (Static Sticker Bible Books)
- The Puzzle Bible: Through Trials and Triumphs (6 puzzles)
- For any study–Complete Guide to Bible Journaling: Creative Techniques to Express Your Faith (Includes 270 Full-Color Stickers, 150 Designs on Perforated Pages, & 60 Designs on Translucent Sheets of Vellum)